Monday, February 11, 2008
Artful Writing

I have been taking a writing workshop. I believe I mentioned it a million years ago. Anyway, I really have not discussed it since the initial workshop. I wrote a story based on a painting by Sargent. Katherine, the workshop coordinator, called it "flash fiction". Katherine loved my story and she showcased it in the second workshop. Her opinion matters a great deal to me as she has been published, she has a Masters in Fine Arts Creative Writing, and she is an editor. I was asked to read my story aloud and received a standing ovation when I was done. If you would like to read it, I have provided the link to Norah's Eyes.

At the second seminar, we viewed some funky folk art to inspire our next project. I wrote a poem, but I have been encouraged to enter it in a contest, so I won't be publishing it here. Additionally, without viewing the work of art that the poem is based on, the poem would lend credence to the thought that I was on an acid trip when I wrote it! Fortunately, the category that I am entering allows me to provide a link to the art work.

Tomorrow night is our third workshop and I was asked to submit my poem...not sure if it will be showcased this time, but no matter! I enjoy the workshops and I am picking up a wealth of information.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Acid trip? Sure, I can see that.

Congrats on the critical acclaim, Sassy. I hope that's helping with your motivation, novel wise. It'd be great to see your name on a book cover!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see your name in print! Can I have your autograph??

8:33 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Smuggy--anything for you babe!

2:05 PM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Happy St Valentine's Day, Sassy

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home