Saturday, April 05, 2008
Friends n Babies n Nieces Oh My!

I have several friends who are trying to get preggers right now. I have to confess that I feel a twinge that I tamp down down down. It was really tough when I miscarried my only pregnancy and ending up having a complete hysterectomy months later. Simply put--it was devastating. I don't think you ever really recover the loss of a child no matter how small they may be in the losing. I like my life without kids. I like being able to just get up and go. I like not having to deal with carpools, poopy diapers, snotty noses, and silly school activities; every once in a while, however, that baby hormone thingy pops up and twists a knife in me.

I spoil and adore my nieces, but due to a family rift, I don't get to see or talk to them as much as I would like. This week I have been having DTs for them and I called them. The oldest is 12 and she is in a bra for god's sake (poor thing takes after Aunt Sassy...quite the busty gal). She sounds just like her mother and so very grown up! The youngest is my sweetie pie, but she takes after Aunt Sassy in that she hates to talk on the phone too. I love these girls so much it hurts. I am chomping at the bit to have a girls weekend with them and go do the mani/pedi-Ceci's pizza-Dollar Store-chick flick routine that we have when we do spend time together.

I have some really awesome friends and I cherish each one. My friend Jadey takes good care of me & my massage needs. This week, she paid for an acupuncture session for me because I was suffering a migraine and had not received my new insurance card yet and couldn't get my prescription refilled. Smug makes sure I have plenty of chicken soup & orange juice when I am laid up with the nasty sinus stuff. Smug's mom is treating me to a mini-spa because I am helping her with her taxes. My friend Metro takes me to lunch one day a week to catch me up on the gossip from my ex-client. My friend Sher cleans my apartment and makes it look new & neat every other week. My friends Kat & Lauren keep my creative writing fired up and push me to greater heights. My friend Brent is my listening ear with the man-crap I deal with. My friend Dave is a great sounding board for business and sometimes even personal issues. My other friend David makes me laugh until I cry (where the hell have you been btw????). My new friend Jassi is going to take me to her native Puerto Rico when tax season is over and the dust settles a bit. I have so many others in my life that bring a richness and make me feel honored that they have touched my life in some way shape or form.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home