Monday, March 31, 2008
Barf-O-Rama

I don't recall whether I relayed this story, but I was stood up about one month ago. I believe I mentioned something about it. A professional guy in my area asked me out via the internet and I agreed to the date. I was left standing at the restaurant and I texted him to see if he was running late. He texted me back and said he had texted me earlier that he was ill & unable to make it. I didn't get the original text message until a few minutes after he sent that text message. Never heard from him again...until Friday night. I get a text message from "Bozo" that said "What are you up to tonight?" At first I was unsure who "Bozo" was and then I shrugged realizing it was my date that never showed...who also, I might add, never really apologized for leaving me hanging. What an asshole. Did he think an acceptable amount of time had passed for me to forget what he did?

As a professional woman and a business owner, I try to keep in mind that everyone I meet may be a potential client or may know current clients. So really, it befuddles me that Bozo would cancel a first date with a text message. Does he do that with his clients? How professional and successful is he? I feel he probably handles his professional life very similar to his private life and that probably explains why, at 38, he is still single and never been married. How successful can his business actually be if that is a valid assumption?

Onto other men on Sassy's barf-o-meter. I had lunch with Creepy Ole Guy today. He is in the same line of work that I am. I am not interested in him in a romantic way, but I felt that perhaps he was a potential business contact and agreed to have lunch with him. He is old enough to be my father--did he really think I was having lunch with him because he was a potential date? Do I look like I am desparate for men?????? Anyways, he creeped me out from minute one. I could barely eat and desparately wanted to get away from him and his glances at my lips. I was slightly ill all through the torture session. I am not one to be able to hide my feelings and I am sure he picked up on my distaste, but he got me where it counts...he threw a potential new client my way--damn it! I am going to give him the slip in as nice a way as possible, but am prepared to completely shut him out if necessary. Ewwww...can't stand the thought of him anywhere in my personal space.


**************

Adorable is suppose to be coming over tonight to take me to dinner. We shall see if we actually make it out of my front door. The intention is usually there, but our clothes seem to fly off within minutes of his arrival. I told him if he wasn't so damn good in bed he would have been outta my life a long time ago. He seems to be making an effort to actually be constant...or is he turning into a stalker? Only Sassy could turn an emotionally distant man into a stalker-by-the-minute kind of guy.

There is a god and he has a sense of humor (or something)...Adorable--true to his past actions--did not show up tonight & no phone call. I am so done with this situation.

The one guy I was really interested in? Well, unfortunately for him, today I googled his email address because I was bored. He is signed up on a swinger's site!

Okay, checking into a nunnery for a while!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

Men are just so not worth it, Sassy. That's why I leave them alone. Maybe that's a good idea for you too. ;-)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Smug said...

I agree with Utenzi - although I doubt a nunnery would be a lot of fun - maybe just concentrate on work and school and let the pool of men fill up again!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home