Monday, March 03, 2008
Sassyleigh, Afromotive & Caipirinhas

Sassyleigh was having a blast on Friday! First of all, I met Carlos (from Chile) who became fascinated with my name "Sassyleigh" and kept repeating it like a mantra in his soft sultry foreign accent. I breezily moved on, leaving only my name in his possession (remember--Sassy is just saying no to men).

I then went to a cool club, 202 Market, to watch Afromotive play. This band is the bomb! I got up and did some dancing (yeah!) and even met a few of the band members. Visit their Myspace page to get a sample! Very funky and fun!

Finally, during the course of the evening I downed two wonderful drinks called Caipirinhas. This drink is the cousin to my current favorite, the mojito. It is very freshing. Here is the recipe:

2 tsp granulated sugar
8 limes wedges
2 1/2 oz cachaca

Muddle the sugar into the lime wedges in an old-fashioned glass. Fill the glass with ice cubes. Pour the cachaca into the glass. Stir well.

If you are curious about cachaca, click the link and it will take you to Wikipedia where you can read more than you care to about it.


Vive la fun during tax season!!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

hey Sassy! Your link isn't working right now. The spelling in Wiki needs to be "Cachaca". BTW, do you remember me posting about this drink back in January? I thought you would like that drink.

1:33 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Utenzi-good catch dude! I got it fixed. I do remember your post and actually raised a toast to you for your recommendation!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home