Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Strapping on the Dildo

As a woman, I occasionally have to strap on an invisible dildo to be taken seriously in man-run businesses. Case in point with a client I fired late last year. They drove me crazy, but I tolerated the behavior. The owner pushed my button one day and I fired him. I had enough of the not-so-veiled implications that a man could do the accounting better than I could. "Great, get the guy to finish the project because I am done." Well, client emailed begging me to come back. My response was to raise my rate and state that at the first sign of disrespect I was outta there for good this time. When I go to this client, I mentally strap on a dildo. I know that sounds crazy, but hell it is working! The client actually thanked me for helping out today. I state without hesitation what I want, when I want it and I get it. The men that run the business are definitely more respectful towards me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger unreuly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:27 AM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Thanks! I definitely don't need a penis to do my job & do it well...but I had to find that attitude that seems to come natural to men that they deserve and command respect.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I hear ya Glitter Whore,

Reminds me of a story my sister told me about going into Home Depot and being totally ignored. She said she was going to bring in her dildo next time and slam it down on the counter and say "There! I brought in a penis - now will you help me find a fucking wrench?"

11:30 PM  
Blogger SassyAssy said...

Queen Blogger...I like your sister already!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home